Downloading Videos on the StudyByTech App
To download videos, you must be connected to the internet. As video size is approximately 800-900 MBs, saving the video in internal memory will consume around 4-5 minutes after the download is finished. Detailed procedure to download the video is:
- In your course, navigate to the video or to the section of the course that contains the video you want to download. You can find videos in the course outline under Course, or find all the videos in the course under Videos.
2. Select the download icon for an individual video to download a single video, or the download icon for a subsection to download all the videos in that subsection(as given in below image).
You can see the download button changed to downloading sign as given in below image.
When a video completes downloading, the next process is Saving of video. The combined process takes around 10-15 minutes for approx. 1 GB video and is shown till this green line remains on the screen.
Once downloading and saving process is finished, this green line is changed to below screen-
Once the class is downloaded, you can see the check sign in front of that class as given in below image:
After you downloaded a video, you can watch it at any time, just keep in mind that you need to be online for approx. 1 minute at the start of the video for tracking and then go offline.
Watching DOWNLOADed VIDEOS Offline
After you download a video, you can watch it at any time but you need to be online for approx. 1 minute at the start of the video so that the app can connect to the server. After download process is complete, follow following steps:
1. From the main menu, select ‘My Downloads’
2. Play your desired download classes from the downloaded classes.
Important: For offline download, we need to have at least twice empty internal storage space on the device than the size of the video.
Error Coming during download
“Your device does not have enough space to download the class“.
Kindly keep in mind that in download process double storage space is required in internal memory. Therefore, for a class of 1 GB we should have at least 2 GB of free internal memory.
Change Your Download Settings
By default, the StudyByTech app is set so that it only downloads content, including videos, if you are on a Wi-Fi network. If you change this setting, you might exceed the data allowance for your cellular plan.
- Scroll the side menu, select My Settings.
2. Change the Wi-Fi only download
Delete Downloaded Videos
You can delete downloaded videos one by one or, if you have downloaded all the videos in a course subsection, you can delete all of a subsection’s videos at once.
- In your course, navigate to the downloaded video(from My Downloads) or to the subsection containing the videos you want to delete.
2. Press the Edit button at the bottom of the screen, which provides 2 options- Cancel and Delete.
3. Select the videos which you want to delete by ticking mark the box present in front of the videos.
4. Then press Delete button at the bottom of the screen, as given in above image.